AR Classroom Policy
1. Each student is required to take 3 AR tests each quarter.
2. AR tests count as test grades for Literature. Test grades account for 70% of the quarter grade.
3. Student must have books preapproved by submitting a book summary from AR by the AR sign up date. Students must choose books in their individual reading range as indicated by STAR Reading assessment and Iowa test scores. STAR Reading assessments and assignment of reading ranges are done during the first week of school and students are advised of their reading ranges.
4. Students must take the AR test for their book before or on the due date. If a student fails to take a test by the test due date a zero grade will be given.
5. Each quarter students are able to read one extra book and take a test to replace a low score. This book must be preapproved as well. This option may be used only once per quarter. THIS OPTION CANNOT BE USED FOR ZERO TEST GRADES GIVEN FOR MISSING TEST DEADLINES.
First Quarter AR Dates
Book Sign Ups:
Friday, August 23
Friday, September 20
Test Due Dates:
Friday, September 12
Tuesday, October 8